Senior Workers Compensation Claims Consultant
East Coast Risk Management is a consulting firm specializing in the disciplines of workplace Safety, Human Resources, Environmental Compliance and Claim Management. With eight locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio North Carolina and Georgia, our clients are typically small to medium sized employers in all industry sectors who are looking for help managing their business and human resources practices. Our mission is to improve our client’s bottom line by identifying and controlling risks.
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Claims Consultant working out of our North Huntingdon, PA or Schuylkill Haven, PA offices. The Senior Claims Consultant serves as the account lead, providing clients with creative claims management strategies. The role of the senior claims consultant is to act as an advocate for the client to the insurance carrier to control the costs associated with a claim and impact the experience mod.
Successful candidates will have prior experience in workers compensation claims management. Candidates will also need to have a passion for customer service and creating an experience that fosters continued engagement. Preferred candidates will also have multi-line experience including auto and general liability claims management. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Conduct new claim investigations by contacting the client, the treating physician’s office, and employee as needed to assist in determination of compensability.
- Management of lost time, questionable, and litigated claims.
- Coordinate medical and physician visits by scheduling visits as needed, monitoring for treatment abuse and coordinating specialists updates.
- Assist in the coordination of wage benefits for accuracy to include full benefits, partial benefits and any settlements. Review the lost wage cost impact with clients.
- Coordinate Return to work programs by working with the client on return to work needs, ideas, documentations, state compliance forms.
- Upon clients valuation or renewal date, review loss runs for file closures and reserve accuracy and provide the client and agent summaries of the review.
- Work closely with Safety consultants and Human resource departments for client needs.
- Provide telephonic and onsite employee trainings and claims reviews.
Successful candidates will also possess the following skills & abilities:
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer and information technology skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Training and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the dynamic nature of the position
- Ability to foster and build relationships
Successful candidates must possess a High school diploma or GED. Preferred candidates will have an associate’s degree in business or other related field.
East Coast Risk Management offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including major medical insurance, dental & vision coverage, a company sponsored 401(K), a PTO plan, and reimbursement for business travel expenses. ECRM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org