Senior Safety Consultant
East Coast Risk Management is a consulting firm specializing in the disciplines of workplace safety, accident prevention, human resources, environmental compliance and claim management. With eight locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio North Carolina and Georgia, our clients are typically small to medium sized employers in all industry sectors who are looking for help managing their business and human resources practices. Our mission is to improve our client’s bottom line by identifying and their controlling risks.
Our company is growing! We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Safety Consultant to work out of and be the first hire in our Arlington Heights, IL office and service clients in the greater Chicago and surrounding areas.
The Senior Safety consultant provides clients with strategic safety leadership. This roll will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing safety programs, training and policies. Successful candidates will have prior experience working to build or enhance a safety culture. Candidates will also need to recognize the importance of quality service, and be able to build long-term client relationships. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with approximately 8-12 clients on a routine basis providing outsourced safety services per the contact scope.
- Develop long-term strategic safety plans based on loss potential, loss history, hazard identification, program needs, etc.
- Conduct routine job site and facility inspections and reports
- Conduct employee and management training and development on a variety of safety topics
- Policy and program development, revisions and hands-on implementation
- Partner with the business development team to pursue prospective clients and complete prospect assessments.
- Provide technical expertise to support the ECRM sales process.
Qualified applicants will also possess the following skills & abilities:
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Training and presentation skills
- Ability to promote the services of ECRM through networking with key stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the dynamic nature of the position
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in safety sciences or a related field with a 5-7 + years’ experience. Daily local travel is required with occasional overnight stays (2-3 per month).
East Coast Risk Management offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including major medical insurance, dental & vision coverage, a company sponsored 401(K), a PTO plan, and reimbursement for business travel expenses. ECRM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org